Saudi Arabian Airlines Alfursan
|Alfusan was inaugurated on July 1, 1995, as a loyalty program for Saudi Arabian Airlines flyers. It considers itself one of the initial frequent flyer programs in the Middle East. Like similar programs, Alfusan members earn miles toward rewards when flying the airline, but this program also contains some unique ways to earn points.|
Membership is open to everyone two years old and older, although a guardian must sign for those under 18. When approved, a member automatically achieves Blue level status, which is lifetime and includes some perks. Perks and rewards increase substantially when a member advances to the Silver and Gold levels. These can include priority waitlisting and additional Reward Miles. Advancement to the Silver and Gold levels depends on the number of Status Miles flown in a calendar year. One Status Mile is awarded for each mile flown. They expire at the end of each calendar year. Silver requires 25,000 Status Miles flown within a calendar year. Gold requires 50,000. A member can also progress to the next Status Level by flying the qualifying number of international sectors within a calendar year. Silver level requires 20 international sectors and Gold requires 40.
Members also earn Reward Miles for all travel aboard Saudi Arabian Airlines and by doing business with Alfursan partners. It is Reward Miles that are accumulated and then redeemed for free flights and upgrades. The number of Reward Miles earned for travel depends on the flight taken, the class of ticket purchased and the Status Level of the member. Reward Miles earned from partners are determined by the promotion offered. Reward Miles are valid for five years from the end of the calendar year in which they were earned.
Alfusan features an attractive Family Program as an additional way to earn Reward Miles. Up to eight family members and personal household staff can be enrolled under the umbrella of the head family member's membership. Status Miles are credited to the individual family member, but the Reward Miles are credited to the head family member.
|URL: Saudi Arabian Airlines Alfursan Homepage|
|Validity: Earned miles are valid for five years.|
|Membership Levels|| |
|Blue||- Priority Waitlist.|
- Luggage identified by Alfursan Baggage Tags is assured special attention at all times.
- Advance Meal and Seat Selection.
- Alfursan membership guarantees your booking up to 45 minutes before departure.
- Additional 10 kg baggage allowance.
|This is the entry level. To remain in this level, you need to collect at least 4,000 status miles per year.|
|Silver||- Top Priority Waitlist.|
- Alfursan Silver Members and their respective families are entitled to check-in at the Business Class desk, even if a Guest Class ticket is held, for faster and more effecient service.
- In addition to the standard allowance, Alfursan Silver Members are entitled to an additional 15 kg. of luggage.
- Luggage belonging to an Alfursan Silver Member and their accompanying family is awarded Business Class handling services, even if a guest class ticket is held.
- Access to the Alfursan Lounge for your and your family.
- 25% Reward Mile Bonus
|Members flying at least 25,000 miles per year with Saudi Arabian Airlines are awarded Alfursan Silver Membership.|
|Gold||- Alfursan Gold Members and their respective families are entitled to check-in at the First Class desk, enabling a faster and more efficient service.|
- In addition to the standard allowance, Alfursan Gold Members are entitled to an additional 20 kg. of luggage allowance.
- Luggage belonging to an Alfursan Gold member and their accompanying family is awarded First Class handling services.
- Alfursan Gold members receive a 50% Reward Mile bonus on all Saudi Arabian Airlines flights.
- Alfursan Gold members are entitled to use reward tickets at any time seats are available. Travel restrictions during peak periods are not applicable to Alfursan Gold members.
|Members accruing at least 50,000 miles per year with Saudi Arabian Airlines are awarded Alfursan Gold Membership.|
|06.19.2005: From June 1st till August 31st, 2005, stay at any of the participating Sheraton hotels in Europe, Africa and Middle East and earn 1500 Alfursan Reward Miles for a Classic room, 2000 Alfursan Reward Miles for Towers rooms & 3000 Alfursan Reward Miles for suites. Minimum length of stay 7 nights. (Valid until: 08.31.2005)|
06.18.2005: Simply, rent with Budget globally between 1st June - 31st August 2005 and present your Alfursan membership card at the rental location and you will receive double miles. (Valid until: 08.31.2005)
All News Articles
|Airlines Hotels Car Rental |
The Travelcards give you a quick overview of earning possibilities of this frequent flyer program. Print the Travelcards to take them with you on your journey or have them ready when booking your travel.
|Earn Miles with these partners||Type||Remarks / Ratio|
|Avis||Car rental||500 Miles per day|
|Budget Car and Truck Rental||Car rental||500 Miles per rental|
|Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|Four Points by Sheraton||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|Hertz Car Rental||Car rental||500 Miles per rental|
|Hilton Hotels||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|Holiday Inn Express||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|Inter-Continental Hotels & Ressorts||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|Le Meridien Hotels and Resorts||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|Rotana Hotels||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|Saudi Arabian Airlines||Airline||1 Miles per flown Mile|
|Sheraton Hotels & Resorts||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|St. Regis||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|The Luxury Collection||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|W Hotels||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|Westin Hotels & Resorts||Hotel||500 Miles per stay|
|Transfer Points from ... to Saudi Arabian Airlines Alfursan||Ratio|
|Priority Club||10000 Points = 2500 Miles|
|Starwood Starpoints||1 Starpoints = 1 Miles|